What is Stomach Cancer?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 723,000 cancer-related deaths are caused by stomach cancer each year worldwide. It is the fifth most common cancer worldwide, but the third leading cause of cancer-related deaths.
Around 90 to 95 percent of all stomach cancers are a type referred to as adenocarcinoma of the stomach. In this type, cancer develops from the cells that form the mucosa, the most superficial lining of the stomach that produces mucus.
- Indigestion – Heaviness in the abdomen after a meal
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Loss of Appetite
- Weight loss
- Blood in stool
- Blood in vomiting
- Upper GI endoscopy. Your doctor will put a thin, flexible tube with a small camera down your throat to look for cancer into your stomach.
- CT scan: It gives details about the size and spread of the tumor, that helps to determine the stage of cancer
- Biopsy: A small piece of tissue is taken from the stomach during an endoscopy and it is checked under a microscope. It also gives information about the type of tumor also.
- Early Stage: surgery
- Stage II and III: Chemotherapy followed by surgery
- Stage IV: Chemotherapy
How Can I Prevent Stomach Cancer?
Treat stomach infections. If you have ulcers from an H. pylori infection, get treatment. Antibiotics can kill the bacteria, and other drugs will heal the sores in the lining of your stomach to cut your risk of cancer.
Eat healthily. Get more fresh fruits and vegetables on your plate every day. They’re high in fiber and in some vitamins that can lower your cancer risk. Avoid very salty, pickled, cured, or smoked foods like hot dogs, processed lunch meats, or smoked cheeses. Keep your weight at a healthy level, too. Being overweight or obese can also raise your risk of the disease.
Don’t smoke. Your stomach cancer risk doubles if you use tobacco.
We here in Gujarat Hospital provide best Stomach Cancer Surgery in Surat and Gujarat.
For Inquiry & Appointment
Call at 98322-22233 / 0261-2782020 / 2792020, or you can submit an appointment form, our staff will call back ASAP and you will get timing with one of doctor.